Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

True Love...?

Love. What is love exactly? Everyone longs to hear those words "I love you" and not from their parents or friends but from someone you care alot about that you want in your life forever. But heres the thing. When it's said, does it really mean anything?

    I have this friend. Her freshman year her and this boy who is now graduated had a relationship. They went out for three years and it was for sure they would be together forever. I was always asking her when the wedding was and everything. That's how serious this was. And I wasn't the only one who thought it, we all did! Well about a couple weeks ago I find out they have broken up and thought it was just another phase they were going through. So this past weekend I asked her about it and I she says, he hates me were done for good and she walks away. I look at my friend with confused looks on both our faces. So we find her the next day and sit down with her and ask her what is going on. Well turns out a year ago he had cheated on her with another one of  our friends who also graduated and never told her. So basically we were all fooled to believe that they were meant for each other. Well while he's gone, she ended up cheating on him recently but she told him the day after and it took him a year to tell her that he cheated on her with the other chick. Well all hell breaks loose, he calls her all these names and they break up and are done. What sucks even more is that he's one of our friends as well. So I mean I understand I'm not forced to choose sides, but it still sucks because both parties fucked up.

 So heres where my questions comes in. Does love even exsist? And if it does, is it for real? Seeing this couple I had hope. Like YES! Love is real and everyone can find it and true love is still somewhere out there. But then hearing all this it's like, there really is no such thing. That all relationships are based on lies and secrets. Every relationship I've witnessed, something always happens and gets fucked up. Which leaves me with no hope what so ever. So what's your opinion on this. Is true love impossible?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, true love definitely exists.
    http://becomingsupermommy.blogspot.com/2011/02/me-and-my-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is a flowery word, and for the most times a flowery feeling, but that doesn't stop all the problems and hardships that come with being in love. At the end of the day no one person is the same, and that means there are bound to clash and fight and even break up... but that has nothing to do with love.
    I think it's more the people than anything else.
    So for me it's not so much does true love really exist (for me any love is true love) but more about finding soul mates/the right person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said lu3lu...i like that last part about finding a soul mate...i always hear people say it, but i never call it a soul mate you know. But your right it does have a lot to do with people and everyone is different. It just sucks when you have so many relationships around you and all of them fall to pieces its like well whats gonna happen in the future and all that you know what i mean...

    ReplyDelete