Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Summer Nights

So uhm i don't know if you guys know this but it is SUPER cold outside and I personally am sick of it! lol I'm a summer girl so of course I'm gonna bitch and moan about the winter. I hate it. I live for hot days and warm summer night...especially the nights. I sit outside on my porch and just stare up at the stars. I mean the skeeters seem to always ruin it but somehow it's completely worth it. I remember one spring night up on my campus, my friend and I had just came back from being out all night. It was about 2am and we weren't tired at all. So we were walking around and some kid goes "hey you guys should try this, come lie down" so we did and was it the most relaxing time ever. We laid in the grass for god knows how long and just looked at the stars. In NH there are no city lights so the stars are easier to see and there SO MANY. It gorgeous and your bound to see at least 3 shooting stars, I kid you not! I miss doing that alot. Those are the days where I can forget about all my problems and for that period of time, my mind floats away and I can just think about the stars and thats it. Nothing else. Like there are no problems in the world at all. I'm not saying there is, but for one night, forget that the world even had problems. It's beautiful.

Random thought: I wish I lived in the 70's. It's always been something that I've envied. I mean I know it's a little too late now but they had it so much better then. Freedom was actually being free and parents didn't worry so much about their kids and you literally lived your life to the fullest. I just feel like everything was so much better then. Dazed and Confused. One of my all time favorite movies. I wish I was part of that crew. Those kids didn't have a worry in the world. Floyd definetely had the right idea. Of living for today and not worrying about tommorow. Kid's were alot more free then and could do alot more stuff without parents up their asses about everything. Where HS days were really the best days of a teenagers life. I wish that life could still be like that. Like one big 70's show. Everything seemed so much easier then than it is now. Wouldn't it be nice if people could really live for today and not worry about tommorow? It's hard to do that in the society we live in now. It's always about planning ahead and making sure everythings going to be okay. How about we just live for the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment