Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Friday, March 4, 2011

Raining Men?

So real quick before I go to class, which is at 2pm so not that quick but briefly I guess. Yesterday I was with my friends and we are planning this fashion show for our school. I'm not much of a model by the way but whatever I'll help them out. Anyways I was with my friend in the car and she's older than me and I look to her for advice sometimes. She knows about my low-self esteem  and stuff and she basically says it's all in my head because well she consideres me her twin cause we look alike. ANYWAYS we were in the car and we were listening to Rihanna's new song "Raining Men" and this is how the conversation went:

Me: "She needs to stop living in this fantasy world "
Voneke: (laughs)
Me: "She's lying, it's never raining men because I don't see any."
Voneke: 'You could easily get a guy if you wanted to you know"
Me: "WHAT?!? Me?"
Voneke: "Yes, we'll talk later about it but you could easily get one."

Well we never had the time to talk later but I was honestly shocked by what she said because I know for a fact I can't so why is she telling me otherwise? I just don't understand how she could tell me this, why can't Isee what she sees? It makes me a little fustrated because I would love to know what she's going to say but I just can't figure it out myself. If it's so easy than why am I still single and looking?! I mean okay maybe I'm not looking HARD ENOUGH but damn people I'm still looking. Maybe I should stop being so hung up on one guy that probably won't ever want me the same way I want him, I have no idea, but maybe just maybe she could be right. I'd like to think I am a likeable person. I don't know. I don't have the time to get too into it but I will go in to depth another time. Advice anyone?

-Saskia

No comments:

Post a Comment