Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Settle Down or Not...?

Do you ever have that one person who you just feel everything for. Just that one person who your like
" I can see myself with him." No matter what you hear and what you know it's just like...."I'm willing to wait till your ready to settle down." Even if they don't know it yet, you can just feel as though it may happen. Well that's kind of how I feel about this one guy. We'll call him Frank. See heres the thing about Frank. He came freshman year and we were friends and what not and then I started to like him. So winter break came around and I thought about it and was like you know what, I'm gonna grow some balls and tell him how I feel and whatever happens happens, just as long as we remain friends. Well second semester rolls around and he never came back and I was like "SHIT" honestly, this WOULD only happen to me. As soon as I feel sure about something, it just gets blown up in my face. Well, my good friend became like good friends with him over the summer because they lived near each other. So we all got a little bit closer and it was great. We talked almost the enitre summer. Just as friends though. But it seemed pretty obvious that he was just looking to just fuck around for awhile and live life. Which of course is fine I mean were all still pretty young why get serious? Sometimes I'm always like oh I want a boyfriend but then I look at my friends with their fucked up relationships and I'm just like I'm good doing me like I don't need any drama right now. Anywho, we got back to school and he finally came back and I liked him more and more everytime I talked to him. But of course, were going to be nothing but friends. But honestly I can't help but think that somethings there. Like there is, I don't feel like this about a lot of people but...okay say were with a group of people, whenever he tells a story he only looks at me, like I'm the only one. I don't know. Maybe it's just me but I don't usually get that vibe from alot of guys, especially with my self-esteem but with him it's really different. I don't know! It's SOOOO confusing. But he just one of my good friends and he's just shooting the shit, no talk of a relationship nothing, literally if a girl talks about it he runs away. Which I don't know makes some sense, cause he just a college boy looking to have fun, I get it. I'm not trying to be held down either. But some of me hopes that if he does get ready to settle down, I would be it you know. Me and my wild dreams though, their pretty ridiculous. I shouldn't get my hopes up because I always feel as though I'm nothing special to wait for. But I still keep a little faith, I don't know it may be silly. But theres something there. Or maybe I'm the only one that feels it. I'd hate to be one of those stupid girls who can't tell the difference between a guy whose just being a nice or a guy who actually cares...

1 comment:

  1. Oh how many times Ive had this same conversation in my head! Take the risk, for all the times it doesn't work, its worth it when it does :)

    ReplyDelete