Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Words Can Take A Girl Far

So this weekend was okay. It was cold, like really cold! I can't WAIT for the spring to come so the cold will be the least of my worries. But something did happen last night that I think deserves to be told because it put a huge smile on my face.

Last night I went out with my friends and went to senior housing and chilled with them. Were all having a great time mind you and I'm like I need to step outside and get some air. So we go outside and as I'm walking down the steps I see this kid. I see him around and like I say hi once in awhile whatever. He goes to give me a high five and then holds my hand and says, "I think you are one of the sexiest girls". I froze, I was literally baffaled. I was like thank you, but then he let go and all of sudden his girlfriend comes up and he was like "and this is my girlfriend". I walked away, still in disbelief. No one has ever said something like that to me, ever. I tried to analyze it, figure out if maybe he said it out of a sick joke, but he was a little intoxicated, so I don't think it could be a sick joke. Drunken words are sober thoughts. Then I thought to myself, don't analyze it. It is what it is. For once in my life saskia, take the compliment and be proud of it. Don't wonder why they said and turn it into something bad. Don't you think for once in your lifetime, someone does find you attractive?

So I stopped anaylzing it and just let be. This doesn't mean I think I'm the shit. Far from it. I have a long way to go before I'm actually comfortable in my own skin. Baby steps. I see that boy all the time. But he will never know that his drunken words actually gave me some hope in myself. You never know what words can do to a person. Thank You mister, for putting a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment