Quote of the Week

"There are things that drift away, like our endless numbered days"

Monday, January 3, 2011

90s Babies

Sorry it's been awhile! So me and my mom were watching the news and one of the stories was about something..lol I don't remember exactly what but I thought they said payphones and I started to have a full blown conversation with mum about how payphones don't exsist. I don't think I've seen a pay phone since the 8th grade, besides at the library but thats it. Are they still around? Do people still use them? I don't know, someone please give me solid proof that a pay phone that is in full service still exsist because as of right now I think they were all ripped out of the ground and thrown out because cell phones and cool gadgets replaced them. And do people still have dial up? Someone really needs to tell me if these things still exsist because our world is changing day by day right before our eyes and no one is even noticing this fast pace society and what it has become. Remember beenie babies? And the little trolls with different colored hairs? What were they called? I don't remember, and N 64! Yess I still have mine that works and now I actually might play it on it sooon, even better bring it up to school with me! I did last year but we didn't play it much...I'm gonna bring it up, I've decided=] And how sketchers were actually cool and now they really look stupid, it makes me want to punch the person wearing them right in the mouth. What are they, "shape ups"? Really, did you actually walk into a store and say "Wow those sneakers look really cute, can I try them on?" Even better, do we all remember what a cd was? Like I'm surprised how much things have changed. Don't get me wrong I LOVE changes and it's great how much things have developed, but what happen to my generations childhood, I feel like we have nothing left of it. Rugrats came on the other day and I almost died. All week long I've been watching Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Flinstones, The Jetsons, Topcat all those old shows. On Christmas they gave Hey Arnold the movie, you would imagine how I felt. I almost died. But looking at it now, they were 9 years old and were going everywhere!!! Like I'm 19 and can't go anywhere, like WTF? I'm now just waiting for the beloved Doug and I'll be all set. And Catdog! Theres just so many shows that I loved that can never come back anymore=[
Well thats my rant, it's been on my mind all day. Craiglist Killers on at 9 so, I'm going to watch it, hopefully it doesn't suck!=p
saskia-

p.s The Wild Thornberries and Rocko's Modern Life, Rocket Power and All That!!

No comments:

Post a Comment